November is a month of thankfulness with Thanksgiving just around the corner and I’m going to be posting weekly with the things I’m most thankful for each day.
1. I’m thankful for new friends. Being in North Carolina, I’m still adjusting to life and building community and making new friends who a constant source of encouragement for me in this season of my life. I don’t know what I’d do without them. I love you all: Mary Beth, Amanda, Brittany, Olivia, Morgan, Lacy, Sara, Lacy, Natalie, Sarah, Katie, Kendra, and Mary.
2. Mary Beth. Goodness, the Lord blessed me big time when I met you at orientation, I never dreamed the friendship that would come. We have bonded over Gossip Girl, The Voice, boys, and so much more. I’m excited about this new journey we’re going on together and I can’t wait to be roommates with you and Amanda.
3. A Little Taste of Home. I got to spend time with friends from home who were looking at Duke and I got to see them for a few minutes and I was very thankful for the time with them.
4. Lacy. I don’t have a washer and dryer so I have find someone who will let me use theirs and Lacy was an awesome friend who let me wash my clothes. I’d so thankful for that because I needed clothes.
5. Anna. I got to skype with my wonderful friend and hear all about her life in Athens. I’m so thankful for her friendship and can’t wait to hang out over Thanksgiving Break.
6. My Job. I actually got to teach and loved it. I had 24 students total and taught them how to draw a dragonfly and had a blast.
7. Friends who support me, I finished my 2nd draft of my book and it’s major accomplishment. I couldn’t do it without friends who willing to help and read my stuff when necessary (or let me pitch ideas at them, ahem, Samantha)
8. Birmingham Friends, I have been missing Birmingham today and it’s amazing how a simple text help cure me. I’m so thankful for friends who love me from afar.
“Therefore I will give thanks to You, O Lord, among the nations,
And I will sing praises to Your name.” 2 Samuel 22:50
More to come next Friday! 🙂