Dream is word that I’ve chosen to latch onto over the course of the last few years. I love that dreams are something we long for and work towards and I have some pretty big ones myself. Dream is word that means so much, so I decided to look up what it meant on Dictionary.com and this is what I found.
1. A succession of images, thoughts or emotions, passing through the mind during sleep.
2. The sleeping state in which this occurs
3. An object seen in a dream
4. An involuntary vision occurring to a person when awake
5. A vision voluntary indulged in while awake; daydream reverie
6. An aspiration; goal; aim: A trip to Europe is his dream
7. A wild of vain fancy
8. Something of an unreal beauty, charm, or excellence.
Verb (Used without object)
1. To have a dream
2. To indulge in daydreams or reveries: He dreamed about vacation plans when he should have been working.
3. To think or conceive of something in a very remote way (usually followed by of): I wouldn’t dream of asking them.
Verb (Used with object)
1. To see or imagine in sleep or in a vision
2. To imagine as if in a dream; fancy; suppose
3. To pass or spend (time) in dreaming (often followed by away): to dream away the afternoon
1. Most desirable; ideal: a dream vacation
1. To form in the imagination; devise: They dreamed up the most impossible plan.
Dream is word that is chalk full of definition and can be used in so many ways. There are many people who believed in their dreams and pushed to make to them happen, including someone I have come to admire more recently, Walt Disney.
“If you can dream it, you can do it.”- Walt Disney
“All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them”-Walt Disney
“You’re never too old to dream a new dream or set a new goal”- C.S. Lewis
“If your dreams don’t scare you, they aren’t big enough”
“You musn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, Darling”
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “Plans to prosper and not to harm you to give you a hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
“In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.” Proverbs 16:9
Dream is a word that claim for myself. I would consider myself to be a dreamer and I have so many things I would like to accomplish in the years to come.
The dream that I’m currently pursuing the hardest is becoming a published author. I got into writing fiction when I was a sophomore in high school and that was the original reason I was a Journalism major. The Lord changed my reason in college but the dream to be a fiction author is very real. I finished my first full rough draft of book in January and have been desperately trying to figure out the next step. Well, last night I got it the coolest, most unexpected way EVER.
If you know me, you know that I’m a HUGE Karen Kingsbury fan. One of the things that Karen does is “latte time” with her fans on social media and will answer various questions people have. Last night, I decided to ask about publishing fiction, I mean who better to ask, right? I didn’t have a clue if she would answer me but she did, not just once but twice.
Y’all, God works in some crazy ways. Now I’m going to write….but before I do, I’m curious, do you have a word or phrase and you really like?