It’s been a crazy week because of midterms but I have two done and one more next week. I’ve been working on this post for a while and it’s inspired by Rachel as a way to introduce myself back into the blogging world. Here we go.
1. I love to write, it’s something I do pretty much everyday. It’s my passion. My number one goal in life is to get a book published. I’m close to having a complete manuscript to send to publishers or self-publish (whichever I decide).
2. I’m a student at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary & I love it. How I got here is probably going to it’s own post soon so I won’t go into that now. But the Lord lead me here & I’m enjoying this new adventure. There are lots of challenges, including being 9 hours from home but I’m learning a lot & making new friends.
3. I love middle school girls, I know I’m crazy but that’s where my heart is. Kels and I started a devotional time for middle schoolers when I was a freshmen in high school that continued after we graduated. In college, I was able to be apart of all of Sherwood’s D-Nows. 3 out of the 4 years, I had 7th grade and the other year I had 6th grade. I’m thankful that God has shown me where he wants me to serve.
4. Family is extremely important to me. My parents are incredible and I miss my brothers terribly (which is something I never dreamed would happen). My grandparents are the best and my cousins are awesome. I don’t where I’d be without them.
5. I am named after both of my great grandmothers. On my mom’s side, my great grandmother’s name was Ruth. On my dad’s side, my great grandmother’s name was Annie but my parents decided to go with Anne. Anne is my middle name so I have true double name.
6. I love to travel and have lots of incredible opportunities in my 22 years. Some of my favorite places have been Israel, Cape Town, South Africa, Italy, and London. I have long list of places I want to go and currently at the top is California.
7. I’m a Hopeless Romantic, anyone who knows me well can tell you that. I love Romantic Comedies and that’s what most of my movie collection consists of, so there’s that. I write Christian Romantic fiction and it’s my favorite to read.
8. I’m about as Southern as they come. I love SEC football (War Eagle!), was raised on sweet tea, will monogram anything that sits still long enough and was even a debutante. I don’t have an extreme accent but you can definitely tell I’m from the South.
9. I’ve never dyed, highlighted or done anything like to my hair. Well, I did perm my hair once in middle school but it didn’t work. Once I went through puberty, my hair decided it wanted to be wavy.
10. I love to dance, I took dance from the time I was three until I graduated high school. But I’m not afraid to bust a move when I song with a good beat is on.
1. Karen Kingsbury, my favorite author. I’ve read every book she’s ever written and get them as soon as they come out. My favorite book if had to pick one is 1000 Tomorrows. I’ve met her twice and had her reply to me on twitter.
2. Dream, it’s my word and I love all things to do with it. I consider myself to be a dreamer and am always working to accomplish my dreams.
3. Diet Coke, my favorite drink, I don’t drink coffee so it’s how I get my caffeine. I try to only drink one a day, so no lectures on how bad it is for me.
4. Passion, it’s an organization, it’s a movement. I was blessed to be able to attend Passion for three out of the 4 years I was in college and the Lord used it mightily in my life. I love the sessions and music from Passion.
5. Pink & Green, my favorite colors, I love all things pink and green. My phone case is pink and green. When I graduated from high school we had a party that was all pink and green. And to be totally honest, if I have it my way, my wedding will be pink and green.
6. Harry Potter, my favorite fandom? I don’t know, it’s just my favorite. I didn’t read them growing up but read them freshmen year of college when I met Jackie because she insisted. I have since seen all the movies and even to the midnight premiere of one. I was in Harry Potter themed Step Sing show sophomore year. Recently, I’ve been wanting to re-read them so I bought my own set and am currently waiting for midterms to be over so I can start the fourth book.
7. Country Music, it’s what I listen to the most (with the exception of Christian music) and yes, that’s me with Luke Bryan from his concert in Tallahassee in October and you add it to my southernness.
8. Taylor Swift, my favorite artist, I have every Taylor Swift song there is and I got to her concert last April.
9. Sweet Home Alabama, my favorite movie, well, one of my favorites, but I love it so much and can watch it over and over again.
10. Kerry Washington, my favorite actress, she is flawless and perfect.
And to leave you with, My Favorite Verse which is also my life verse:
I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little bit and I’ll be back next week some of my story. I’ve updated the 101 in 1001 tab on my progress so check it out!
Have a great weekend!
3 thoughts on “10 Facts & 10 Favorites”
Great job Love it!!
Sent from my iPhone
Sweet and full of life facts:) Love it!
So fun you’re re-reading Harry Potter! The fourth book was my favorite of the series! And I’m so glad you let me know when the date of the HIMYM finale! At the rate I’m watching the current seasons, I might be all caught up by the time it airs 🙂 Happy Friday!