Tomorrow is my 25th birthday and I wanted to share some the life lessons I have learned along the way:
- Sometimes Life Doesn’t Go According Our Plan
- God’s Timing is Not Always Our Timing but His timing is always perfect
- Family is Important they are always going to be there for you no matter what
- But so are Friends. My friends are some of the most important in my life and I don’t know I’d do without them.
- Some Friends are for a Season (and that’s okay). This is one of the biggest lessons that learned in college, some people won’t be around forever
- Get Involved in a Church. Find a bible believing church that preaches the Word of God unapologetically, serve, and make good friends
- Build and Foster Community. Surround yourself with people who love you and push you to the things that you are called to do.
- Develop your Walk with the Lord. Spend time reading your bible and in prayer because the Lord should be the most important person in your life
- Have Older People who will Invest in You. This is so important to have people who are ahead of you to speak into your life
- Find Younger People to Invest in because you never the impact they make on your life
- Be Intentional. Relationships don’t just happen, they take work so do it and be intentional about how you spend your time and who you spend it with
- Cultivate Gratitude. Be thankful for everything in your life, no matter how hard because it shaped you into who you are today
- Pursue your Passion. Find something you love and run with it.
- Never Give Up on your Dreams. The thing that you want more than anything is possible with God’s help and other people
- Work Hard to Achieve Them
- Believe in Yourself. Don’t let the haters get to you. You are capable of doing the thing the Lord has placed on your heart
- Always Be Encouraging. Life is too short to tear other people down.
- Champion Others. The people who are living their dream can help you so champion and support them.
- Support your Friends. Buy the book and actually read it. Buy the cute things in her etsy shop and display it in your home. You get the idea.
- Shop Small and Local. One of the reasons that I love Etsy so much is that it’s people doing what they love and I’m helping make their dreams come true. There are small business in your community that sell things that are just as cute as Target so check them out!
- Travel the World. I’ve been incredibly blessed and gotten to visit a lot places that just incredible. Go on that mission trip or study abroad, just go.
- Don’t be Afraid to Try New Things. You never know what might happen.
- Read Everything You Can Get Your Hands on. Just read.
- Find a Way to Express Yourself Creatively. Paint, take pictures, draw, write, sew.
- Tell your Story. God gave your story for a reason, you never know who it might encourage.
I’m going to enjoy time with Mama and Jim while they’re in town. Until next time!